When was the last time you saw a “friend” post a link to someone else’s wall (or update their status), and you knew that link wasn’t from them? I’m guessing everyone has seen this at least once. Maybe you were a victim of this Facebook Spam yourself. What can you do to prevent this, and what can you do to stop it if it happens? The answer is actually very simple: delete the app.
If you are having trouble navigating Facebook (which I admit, I had to dig to find the location of the apps page) then just follow these steps:
- Click the Account link (at the top right) and click Privacy Settings.
- Scroll down and click the “Edit your settings” link under the “Apps and Websites” section.
- Click the Remove link (under the Apps You Use section)
- Find which app you want to delete (if you don’t know what it is, go to a post it made and look below it. It should say “Posted via [appname]”), hover your mouse over it, and click the little X at the right.
- Click Remove in the confirmation box, then click Okay